The Hamilton Farmers’ Market is focused on public safety while remaining open to serve the Citizens of Hamilton as it has since 1837.
The Market has proactively taken steps to protect its customers, vendors and staff and asks for patience and mutual respect while we navigate these unfamiliar waters. The following is a list of actions undertaken by the Market during this crisis to date:
- Reduced Hamilton Farmers’ Market Hours will be 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Tuesday’s, Thursday’s and Friday’s. The Market will be open Saturday’s 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at the Market entrance and on the lower level.
- Market cleaning is being conducted on a more frequent basis throughout the day focused on all public touchpoints.
- The Hamilton Farmers’ Market has removed all tables and chairs to encourage physical distancing. Under the GREY-LOCKDOWN category of the Provincial COVID-19 Response Framework, no indoor dining is permitted. Take-out and delivery options only. Please visit our vendors’ profile pages to see what advanced ordering options may be offered.
Emergency and Stay-at-Home Order Update (April 8):
- Market access from the mall is currently closed. During the province wide stay-at-home order, access to the Market will be exclusive to our main entrance at York Blvd only. The entrance from Jackson Square mall is currently closed due to the new restrictions placed on shopping malls.
- As of today, all of our vendors currently remain open. However, as details of the new restrictions are made available to us, we will update you on any changes and outline the various ways you can support vendors impacted by the latest restrictions.
Thank you for your patronage and stay safe!
For more information and the latest news, please visit hamilton.ca/coronavirus.