The Hamilton Farmers’ Market is focused on providing the public with a safe shopping experience while remaining open to serve the Citizens of Hamilton as it has since 1837.
Since the pandemic began, the Market has proactively taken steps to protect its customers, vendors and staff and asks for patience and mutual respect while we navigate these unfamiliar waters. The following is a list of actions taken by the Market during this crisis;
- Reduced Hamilton Farmers’ Market Hours will be 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM on Tuesday’s, Thursday’s and Friday’s. The Market will be open Saturday’s 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Complimentary individual masks and face shields available at the Market entrance.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available at the Market entrance and on the lower level.
- Market cleaning has been enhanced to include increased frequency of all public touchpoints.
ONTARIO REOPENING PLAN: STEP 1
- On Friday, June 11, 2021, we welcome back our non-food vendors who had to temporarily close for in-person shopping. This includes Artisan Market, Close 2 Natural, Folk Art Prints, and Jean’s Originals. Please visit their profiles linked here or better yet, come visit them in the Market! Please note, Jean’s Originals will return to the Market on Thursday, June 17th.
- Under Step 1 of the Provincial COVID-19 Response Framework, no indoor dining is permitted. Take-out and delivery options only. Please visit our vendors’ profile pages to see what advanced ordering options may be offered.
- During Step 1, access to the Market will remain exclusive to our main entrance at York Blvd only. The entrance from Jackson Square mall is currently closed due to the restrictions placed on shopping malls.
Thank you for your patronage and stay safe!
For more information and the latest news, please visit hamilton.ca/coronavirus.