The Hamilton Farmers’ Market to Change Operating Hours
Move aimed at attracting new clientele and accommodate after work shopping
For immediate release
July 12, 2023 –Hamilton, ON –At a Hamilton Farmers’ Market Board meeting on June 26th, the Board of Directors approved a change to operating hours- the first significant movement of operating days and times in several years (outside of COVID).
As part of the extensive consultations surrounding the governance of the Market over the past few months, much of the feedback received centred around extended hours and more consistency in operating days.
Starting on Wednesday, September 6th the following are the revised operational hours for the Market:
CLOSED: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
“This is a direct action arising out of our public engagement exercise over the past few months. I thank the Board for their careful consideration of this and believe that the change in operating hours will welcome new customers to the market and make it more convenient for existing downtown shoppers.”
- Bill Slowka, Manager, Hamilton Farmer’s Market, City of Hamilton.
“The Board has heard from the public, market vendors, and shoppers that it was time for the market to change its hours. A recent study that examined the market’s needs suggested this change as one of several priorities. I think this will help the market to adapt to the transitions coming to the core and provide more flexibility, consistency, and predictability for shoppers and vendors.”
- Councillor Cameron Kroetsch, Ward 2, City of Hamilton.
1. The Hamilton Farmers’ Market is located at 35 York Blvd. (corner of McNab St.)
2. Celebrating its 186th year of service to the City of Hamilton and it’s surrounding communities
3. Indoor Market Open All Year Round
4. Home to 50 small local businesses (https://hamiltonfarmersmarket.ca/vendors/)
5. HFM Website: https://hamiltonfarmersmarket.ca/