Ontario Peaches now available in the Hamilton Farmers’ Market. These Ontario fruits are a treat for your taste buds & are a great ingredient in the kitchen for creating a special dessert dish.
If you’re looking for some inspiration for baking with Ontario peaches, the Hamilton Farmers’ Market has got you covered. Elly Bowen, (Secretary of the Hamilton Farmers’ Market Board of Directors) & Market customer is sharing her Peach Crumble recipe!
You will need the following ingredients:
- 4 cups ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
You will need the following ingredients for the Crumble:
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- ½ cup pecans
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Place peaches, lemon juice, sugar and water in a 6 by 8-inch baking dish.
- Combine crumb ingredients; add melted butter; mix until crumbly; add pecans; sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake until fruit is tender, and the mixture is bubbly. (approx. 40 min)
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
You can grab a basket of Ontario Peaches today from the Hamilton Farmers’ Market. We are located in the heart of downtown Hamilton (35 York Blvd). Open Tuesday, Thursday & Friday (8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.) & Saturday (7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) Plan your trip today!