The City of Hamilton is currently seeking vendors for the Hamilton Farmers’ Market “Market Cart Program”. As a historic community gathering place, the Hamilton Farmers’ Market offers opportunities for local artisans and craftspeople to offer unique items for sale in a Market setting.
What type of vendor is the priority? The primary content for the Market Cart Program will be local artisan made products and crafts. Packaged local and non-local foods not available in the Market will also be considered.
Selection of vendors and their products will be made in the following priority:
- Local Artisans / Crafters / Producer
- Distributor of Local Art / Craft products
- Distributor of other Art / Craft products
- Local Food Artisan of Packaged Foods
- Distributor of Packaged Products
Some Quick Facts:
- A Market Cart is approximately 15 Square Feet (3’ x 5’) in surface area.
- The Market Carts are custom made to replicate traditional European Market Carts.
- Vendors are permitted to bring vertical shelving to place in cart, to hang items off
cartand to store items underneath.
- All signage or floor space outside of the cart is subject to approval by the Market Office
You can download the Market Cart Application below. There are 3 files to complete your application.
You can also pick up a Cart Application package from the HFM office or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (905-546-2424 x 2096). You can submit your application via email or drop it off in person to the Hamilton Farmers’ Market Office.
As part of the application review process, the Hamilton Farmers’ Market Manager may ask to visit studios of vendors to ensure the product are hand produced locally and/or request receipts of original raw materials purchased for the production of artisan goods.